1. Wait How Long? – The most vital fact about edibles is that it takes time for the effects to hit you. Too many have fallen prey to the “I didn’t eat enough” illusion when they actually didn’t wait long enough. Mostsuggest ingesting 5mg or 10mg your first time, or if you’re more seasoned try 10mg-20mg. One hour is a good amount of time to wait before considering eating more edibles.
2. Sativa, Indica or Hybrid? – Just like with smoking different types of marijuana strains, there are different kinds of edibles too. Sativa, like when smoked, is more of a head high which usually makes you motivated and energetic. Indica creates a lethargic body high and is usually used to help insomnia and pain relief. Hybrids are the in-between leaving your body relaxed and your mind awake. It’s important to take note of which kind of edible you’re eating so you know how your body will most likely react.
3. Strong Scent? – When you first crack open the seal of a really good edible you’ll get a whiff of sweet marijuana. The stronger the smell the stronger the dose and the more precaution you should take.
4. Medical or Recreational? – If in Colorado, medical dispensaries sell more potent edibles than recreational dispensaries. Most recreational dispensaries only go up to 100mg or 200mg while medical dispensaries sell up to 300mg. The heavier the dose the smaller the amount you should eat – especially if you’re new to edibles.
5. When and Where? – You should be in a comfortable and safe environment. Do not take before you have to drive and it’s not a good idea to consume just before going somewhere. Many first-timers experience paranoia in public.