Public support for marijuana legalization continues to grow in the U.S., but Congress is yet to pass a federal recreational marijuana legalization bill. Lawmakers leading the pack in support for marijuana have worked hard to make their voices heard and push for change.
Although, there are some leaders in older generations that have come to understand that marijuana prohibition doesn’t work, it is primarily younger generations changing Forbes reports. Republicans are still the most opposed party to marijuana law reform, regardless of age.and pushing for legalization,
The top Senators supporting legalization are:
- Cory Booker – New Jersey (D)
- Cory Gardner – Colorado (R)
- Elizabeth Warren – (D)
- Jeff Merkley – Oregon (D)
- Rand Paul – Kentucky (D)
More noteworthy supporters:
- Bernie Sanders – Vermont (I)
- Steve Daines – Montana (R)
- Patrick Leahy – Vermont (D)
- Kirsten Gillibrand – New York (D)
- Chuck Schumer – New York (D)
The Democrats on this list are expected to remain top lawmakers for party nominations in 2020.